Tuesday, January 17, 2012

say yes

will you follow me without having to have it all figured out?

"come.
follow me."

Noah said yes. 
He built a boat for 100 years with unwavering trust.

Abraham said yes. 
He was willing to sacrifice his only son.

are you ready to follow without understanding?

YES.

this past week has been a full on free fall. 
let me just tell you that i believe my DTS family has fully heard the voice of God. we have heard that whisper. we have felt His heart beat for us. 
it is His call that has brought us together. He has brought us from so many different backgrounds, so many different journeys, so many sicknesses, so many accidents and trials, so many bankrupt moments, so much brokenness and met us there. He met us there and said child, come follow me. and he continued to pull us out, to provide for us immensely, and brought us together as one family with the same desire. to be on fire for Him.
and each one of us is a warrior. completely on fire for God. completely in love & hungry to know our Maker more. we have heard!  through simple obedience we have followed! and now we lay down our lives together, a complete surrender, because what else do we have!? He is our inheritance.

"come follow me. come. come trust me, come fall into my arms. let me love you. let me show you your true identity. come."

this past week has taught me a tremendous amount.
it's taught me humility.
honor.
the UNFATHOMABLE amount of love that He has for me. i've felt it. i've been completely rocked by it.
i've learned God as my Lover. that He cherishes me. that i am the apple of His eye. 
i am learning daily how to chose His love, & not the false things of this world.
i am letting Him consume me. i am understanding how to dwell in His presence. how to linger. how to stay a while. 
i am learning that He is everything i have ever desired. 
that I AM NOT DEFINED BY MY SIN. WE ARE NO LONGER SLAVES OF SIN. i am defined by beauty.
how to live without fear, without inhibitions because it's THERE that deep intimacy lies. 
how to live in the urgency of the hour we live in.
what i yield to is what i operate in.

i am a new creation.
& i will follow Him into the darkest places.


1 comment:

  1. I loved your post today and want that also for my life. God bless you Ar as you seek to serve Him. He is so faithful and we are so human. Will be praying for you and love hearing from you. Love, Gram

    ReplyDelete