Sunday, October 30, 2011

creation

there's something about a pencil

about paint

about really good paper, you know, the really good kind

there's just something that inspires me. & as my favorite holiday approaches and all of this creativity is flowing abundantly from the community around me in creating the perfect costume, i am so excited to create. to make. to do.

there's something about a needle & thread.

about color.

& as artnog is creeping up, my brain is ticking about. so i'm going to create. and something that excites and encourages me, someone that gives me so much happiness and inspiration is one of the loveliest ladies i know, miss Rebecca Green. 

i have the pleasure to know this delightful soul and the air around her is just so sweet. her work is so splendid, i don't know one person who wouldn't like it. she takes little things in life and makes them so wonderful in the most playful, oddly melancholic, but hopeful and beautiful way. there's joy in the glimpses of her characters lives, wherever they are, in whatever they're doing (whether it be eating cake or drinking tea or playing with woodland creatures!). Becca is one of the sweetest little things I know, and I am so happy she is creating work that just sprouts happiness and creativity in my life and the lives around her. please look at her website & see what she is doing in west michigan! find her work here: www.myblankpaper.com & be sure to check out her blog that she updates frequently! you can purchase some of her work or look at all the cool things she's doing in the community around her!

here's some of her work that is so delightful and inspiring to me. i know they will bring little smiles to your faces too!





No comments:

Post a Comment